Demonics
Welcome to the Demonics Maplestory guild. Please register to our forum to view all the content!

HomePortalFAQRegisterPlayer InformationLog in
Latest Topics
Most Recent Post
History
Posted by
Triny application
Yoooooooooooooooooooo
Petition for evolving system update
Guild Application
HotSparkles aplication
Kevins application
About Vince! (Nyrawyn)
XtremeDemon's Application
LET ME COME BACK!!
About Alex
Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:57 am
Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:02 am
Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:03 am
Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:53 am
Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 am
Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:15 pm
Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:57 am
Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:55 am
Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:04 am
Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:56 am
TrinTrin
sweg
Farshid
Ricksterlau2
xXannXx
Swaggyfrog
Nyrawyn
xXannXx
Turtle
ialexbish

Share | 

Forum / website

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DemonFaith
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Forum / website   Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:26 pm

Hey all,

You may or may not know me, but before xxannxx was the guild leader I was the leader of the Demonic guild. I haven't played much attention to creating a guild forum or basicly much to the guild at all, but when I found out there was a forum for it I decided to check it out.

In my honest opinion I am not a big fan of the forumotions forums (I have used this 8 years ago aswell, and I got a bit of experience with it).

- You have no domain name for your own, we are using a subdomain here (the forumotion part). This will make it a bit harder for our members to remember the name exactly and it will also make it harder to find us with google.

- I think having a website could also have benefits (like a real website has).

- I think forumotion is a little harder to edit than a forum from scratch (having your own webhost and install everything yourself).

Based on these 3 points I decided to take matters in my own hand and created a little example what I am talking about.

demonics.tk  -- Example of main website
demonics.tk/forum -- example of forums

Remember, this is just an example and does not mean that this is all final. The main website is just a template that I am using to try and make my point clear!

Your opinion is really welcome and suggestions are looked at carefully!
Back to top Go down
DemonFaith
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Forum / website   Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:08 am

It's not only about that things are not hard with forumotions, it's about the content you are delivering to your fellow members Smile. IMHO this looks like a mess if I check the board. It's a basic template that isn't editted (maybe it's because there isn't put any effort in it yet of course). But either way I am not fund of forumotion Smile
Back to top Go down
Catherella
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Forum / website   Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:54 am

Hey,

We have only started out with a concept of a forum due to facebook being an invasion to privacy.

In all honesty, I understand where you are coming from but due to the reality of how many players will be using the forums, and from experience of hosting my own forum for a server that I had opened and ran for years, to be hosting and dealing with so many issues in light of the amount of players, it's just not worth it, and especially with the hosting over here, it is costly.

However, thank you for your input, I will definitely be moving from forumotions to a different domain once we have reached our target of members, as of now the numbers are really low and people are more in-game than in forums. Everyone is quite busy but once Christmas hits and half term comes, there will be rapid changes to the forum and time will be spent on this.

(:

Jade.
Back to top Go down
http://demonics.forumotion.co.uk
DemonFaith
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Forum / website   Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:02 am

Actually you can be using free hosting / domain service like in my example :)It's only a matter about time and effort. However overall if you work hard enough on this forum I'm sure it will also become an interesting layout. There are merly a few problems. You cannot customize it with plugins (last time I checked though), and there is no main website that you can use.

I will discuss it with Anna what she preffers, but if you want to maintain this forum I'm okay with it. Smile

Edit: I also want to note that these forums attract more spammers (since you cannot prevent it without plugins and modifications).
Back to top Go down
OutageX
Forum addict
Forum addict

PostSubject: Re: Forum / website   Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Catherella wrote:

Everyone is quite busy but once Christmas hits and half term comes, there will be rapid changes to the forum and time will be spent on this.

Jade.
Really looking forward to this!!!
Back to top Go down
DemonFaith
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Forum / website   Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:13 am

I would still preffer a standalone version of a forum, I don't mind spending time on it. I see it as a hobby :> and I would also like it to work with you, Jade Dynasty.
Back to top Go down
xXannXx
Guild owner
Guild owner

PostSubject: Re: Forum / website   Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:33 am

i really appreciate your all willing to help and make forum better Smile since our guild is not fully active yet its early to make any changes at forum, so for now this forum serves our needs Smile lets get best from it Smile

Forum addict
Forum addict

PostSubject: Re: Forum / website   Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:15 am

to me this forum seems like the perfect thing we need, the only problem is getting more people to use it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum / website   

Back to top Go down

Forum / website
Page 1 of 1